FTP is File Transfer Protocol and it is a set of rule for how files should be transferred. When user drag and drop files on your local computers, all the changes are taking place nothing gets deleted from your computers. However, the website is not located on your local computer; it can be hundred of miles away hidden in any hosting company’s server vault. Then you must be facing the question how do you move files from your computer to the server?
FTP is the answer to your question. An FTP program uses the rules to define the rule of protocol to act as the middleman between your computer and your server.
How Does FTP Work?
If you have got a server and want to put some files on it, such as extracted quick start plan, then the entire process will boil down to something like this:
1) Download and install an FTP program
2) By using this program, connect to your server
3) Select the file and place where you want to upload them in FTP program
4) Upload the file on the server
5) Disconnect it from the server and admire your handiwork